Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gaelforce Fagan to Face Amir Khan



It was announced today that my man Oisin "Gaelforce" Fagan will take on Amir Khan in his comeback bout at the London Excel on December 6th. Khan was smashed to pieces in his last fight against Bredis Prescott in 45 seconds.

Fagan is my good friend and we first got to know each other when he contacted me through myspace to say he used "Take a Look" as an inspiration for his training, He was based in Oklahoma at the time and soon he began to use the song as his ring entrance music. I was lucky enough to walk along side him to the ring in his Dublin fight against Chill John and even got to be in the corner on the night.

Me and Fagan's friendship continued and I namechecked him and Andy Lee in the song "Dropkicked"

I knew about this for a while but had to keep it under wraps and honestly as a boxing fan, I was shocked that Khan's people took the Prescott fight, I'm even more shocked they took the this one. Oisin can take a shot, he is a pressure fighter, He has been robbed twice once against Verquan Kimborough for the NABF title and once against Paul Spadafora. (both who would smash Khan in my opinion and none of who would give Fagan a rematch) and he is as game as they come and a genuine hard bastard

Ois is the underdog and he will want it that way as he goes into this fight. After struggling to overcome an over the hill Gomez and getting destroyed in his fight against Prescott, I am surprised Khan is giving Fagan this shot but I'm delighted for Oisin and hope this can open some doors for him



feel free to drop Oisin a message of support on myspace and check his page for updates as he is fond of a blog himself :)





http://www.myspace.com/oisinfagan

No comments: