Friday, November 14, 2008

Throwback - Cella Dwellas "Return Of Jane"




Don't know if this quite fits into the category of classic but it was my favorite shit back in the day. I had this on tape with the classic Biggie,Pac, BDK MSG freestyle(How come Scoob and Shyheim always get overlooked from that ciper?)

Anyway big up the Cella Dwellas, they were signed to loud, back in the day and all this talk of Rock The Bells festival that just went down in London and had EPMD on the line up got me thinking of the "Jane" series which in turn led me to this...Cella Dwellas unreleased ode to EPMD's "Jane part one,two,three etc (I'm a lateral thinker like that)

This later resurfaced all changed up and watered down on their 96 albun "Realmz N Reality" as the single "Perfect Match"

I often wondered what happened to them, the first I heard of them was a freestyle on Westwood that had them, channel live & mad skillz in NYC. If anyone has it please hit me with a message, skillz finished it off with "yeah kid its no stoppin this I'm leavin rappers petro, like craig mack's dermatologist" that was a rewind button breaker

No comments: